The social-emotional health of all West Springfield Public Schools students is a very important component of our commitment to educate the whole child. To that end, we have compiled a list of resources for families and youth/teens on coping with loss, death and grief. We hope this information is helpful, as the WSPS community copes with the loss of a member of our staff who passed away unexpectedly on March 23.
- How Children Understand Death and What You Should Say
- Helping Children Cope with Loss, Grief (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Helping Children, Teens and Young Adults Cope with Death and Grief
- How to Help a Grieving Teen (The Dougy Center)
- Coping with Grief After a Disaster or Traumatic Event