Kindergarten Entrance: A child is eligible for entrance into kindergarten in September provided he or she reaches the age of five (5) by September 1 in that calendar year.
Grade 1 Entrance: A child shall be enrolled in grade one (1) in September providing he or she reaches the age of six (6) by September 1 in that calendar year.
To enroll in West Springfield Public Schools, please bring a completed enrollment packet for every new student, and the items below, to the Enrollment Office:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of West Springfield Address: ONE of the following,a recent utility bill, town tax bill or a sales/lease agreement -- DRIVER'S LICENSE OR HANDWRITTEN RECEIPTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Complete Immunization Record signed by a doctor
- Most recent record of physical examination signed by a doctor
- All prior school records including report cards, test scores, discipline records, attendance records, any special education information or Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Students enrolling in Kindergarten must have proof of a lead screening.
Elementary school placement is assigned by local address as determined by the School Committee.
Families with limited English should bring an interpreter with them to the Enrollment Office.
All School Verification papers will be signed at the school in which the student has been enrolled ONLY after 30 days of consecutive attendance.
McKinney-Vento Act/Homeless Information
- Homeless Liaison - Ellen Broadhurst, 413-263-3288 or email@example.com
- McKinney-Vento Act Frequently Asked Questions
- McKinney-Vento Act Information for Parents