The School Messenger notification system provides timely communications to parents on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and school and district emergencies. Parents may choose to create a "contact preferences profile" using School Messenger contact manager. Contact manager allows parents, guardians, school community to choose the method of contact that works best for them -- i.e. home phone(s), cell phone(s), text* message, or email. For more information or assistance, please contact Lois Wright at 413-263-6682 or email@example.com.
Steps for setting up a School Messenger account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com.
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- On the Sign Up page, enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You will use your email address and password you enter here to sign in later. Check the box indicating you agree to the terms. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. You will receive an Account Activation email from School Messenger which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account. If you don't receive an email, check your SPAM filter.
- Once you have activated your account, you are ready to add your child(ren) to your account. Click the link on the main page and add the ID and Activation Code from the letter you received. Click save.
- If you received additional activation letters because you have more than one child in a school, you will be able to enter them at this point. (You may also add additional contact information after you are logged in by clicking My Contacts).
- You will be brought to the Contact Preferences page where you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive, and at which phone, cell or email address. If you have received more than one activation letter, check the box at the bottom of the screen to "save to all contacts." Make sure you click Save when you are done making changes.
Please note: If you prefer to receive voice messages to the phone number on record at the student's school, you don't have to do anything.
* Text Messages: Although the district does not charge you for this service, it does not pay for text or phone message charges that may be incurred by you for sending or receiving text messages or phone calls. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
The School Messenger caller ID for text messages will be 684-53.