West Springfield Public Schools Evacuation & Reunification Plan Procedures for Parents / Guardians
In the unlikely event that the West Springfield Public Schools must implement its evacuation and reunification plan due to a school emergency, we ask parents to please be mindful of the following procedures outlined below. The district administration and staff is committed to ensuring the safety of all of our students, and with your support, we will achieve this goal.
- Please follow the emergency evacuation procedures and report to reunification center when notified by the school. Please do not call the school.
- When arriving on scene, follow all directions of public safety officials.
- No child will be released until Emergency Service Personnel Commander has approved dismissal.
- Parent or guardian must present a valid ID and be the child’s legal contact in order to sign a child out. No one other than the parent or guardian may pick up the child without previous, written permission.
- After appropriate documentation and sign-out, staff will notify student holding area and runner will accompany student to parent pick-up location.
- In the event that a student has been injured or transported to the hospital, parent will be accompanied to Crisis Team Member who has been assigned to Parent Support so that all appropriate information can be given privately.
For further information about this plan, please contact Interim Superintendent of Schools Tim Connor at 413-263-3300 or email@example.com, or Director of Health Services Christine Beaumont at 413-263-3410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.