2023-24 School Year
Please submit your registration by August 18, 2023 to allow time for processing. Student's registered after August 18th may not be ready for the first day of school.
Welcome to West Springfield Public Schools
For School Choice Guidelines
Please be sure to read the following registration requirements prior to continuing to the online student registration portal below.
Note: You will need an email account to register. If you do not have one, instructions are here to create one.
The following documents are required for enrollment in West Springfield Public Schools (documentation can be uploaded onto the online registration form)
- Birth Certificate/Passport/or I-94 Card
- (If the student had a name change, please include the 'Change of Name Decree' from the court)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Occupancy
- Proof of Identity
- Physical Exam or Proof of Upcoming Appointment
- (Exam must be within the last 12 months - SIGNED by Physician; students enrolling into PreK or Garde K must show a lead screening on their physical exam)
- Immunization Records
- Prior School Records
- (Transcript/report card, test scores, ACCESS scores, attendance and discipline records)
- If applicable - Custodial Agreement(s), IEP, 504 Accommodation Plan
|Proof of Residency
(Own or Rent)
|Proof of Occupancy
(Dated within the last 30 days)
|Proof of Identity
(For the Parent/Guardian)
|Copy of Deed
||Valid Driver's License
|Recent Mortgage Statement or Payment
||Home or Rental Inusrance Statement
Valid Government Issued ID
|Signed Lease or Rental Agreement
|Section 8 Agreement
|Purchase & Sales Agreement SIGNED by all parties
The West Springfield School Committee has adopted the following age requirements for entrance into Kindergarten and Grade 1 - (File JEB)
- Pre-Kindergarten Entrance: A child is eligible to enroll in the pre-kindergarten program provided they reach the age of three (3) by September 1st in that calendar year.
- Kindergarten Entrance: A child is eligible to enroll in kindergarten provided they reach the age of five (5) by September 1st in that calendar year.
- Grade 1 Entrance: A child is eligible to enroll in first grade provided they reach the age of six (6) by September 1st in that calendar year.
Enrolling for Pre-K?
Parent/Guardian(s) enrolling their child for pre-k will need to complete the Early Childhood Program application before continuing to complete the online registration form through our portal.
The online registration form is currently only available in English and Spanish. If you need language assistance, please email the Family Liaison/Interpreter Coordinator at email@example.com before proceeding.