ELPAC (English Learners Parent Advisory Council)
What is ELPAC?
The English Learner Parent Advisory Council is a volunteer group of parents or legal guardians, of current or former English learners, that come together to support and enrich the educational experience of our English learners.
The purpose of the West Springfield English Learner Parent Advisory Council is to:
- Establish a partnership among families, schools and community organizations to promote and support the academic engagement and success of our English Learners
- Provide advice to the district regarding its English Learner Education programs
- Meet regularly with school officials to participate in the planning and development of programs designed to improve educational opportunities for English Learners
- Participate in the review of school and district improvement plans in relation to English Learners
- Review district proposals for new English Learner instructional programs
- Share suggestions on how the district may improve and enrich the educational experience of our learners here in West Springfield
Please consider joining us at an upcoming ELPAC meeting. Come support the academic, social and emotional growth of our English Learners and ensure their pathway to success.