Work Permits will be issued at the W.S. High School; 263-3400; 425 Piper Road
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to calling with questions, please review these documents for work permit instructions and the instructions on the work permit application from the Department of Labor.
The West Springfield School District offers families a Chromebook protection plan to insure the district-owned Chromebooks issued to students. The protection plan is self administered by the district. The protection plan program protects each student’s Chromebook against accidental damage, theft, etc...
Every student issued a chromebook to take home (grades 6-12) can purchase the protection plan by Sept 15th.
If you choose NOT TO PURCHASE coverage for your student’s device, you are liable for any and all damages done to the Chromebook while in your student’s possession. The full replacement cost of a Chromebook if it was damaged in any way is $300.00. Failure to sign a waiver does not in any way absolve you from this liability; by accepting a Chromebook on behalf of your student(s), you acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any damage that is caused. Student privileges, records and/or diplomas may be withheld until outstanding liabilities are paid in full.
- Accidental Damage (Drops & Spills)
- Cracked Screen
- Liquid Submersion
- Fire, Flood & Natural Disaster
- Power Surge By Lightning
- Theft & Vandalism
- Standard Wear & Tear
- Intentional Cosmetic Damage (i.e stickers, pen/pencil, cuts in case, missing keys with damage to the rubber underneath the keys)
- Unexplained Loss
- Lost Chargers
The price for the protection plan per chromebook for the 23-24 school year is:
- $30 - online (plus processing fee)
- $40 - check/money order/cash
How to purchase the protection plan:
To purchase online, login to your PowerSchool parent portal.
- Payments will no long be accepted at the school department central coffice.
- All check/money order/cash payments are to be made at the high school or middle school and must be accompanied with a completed chromebook protection plan form. Translated copies are also available.
Need chromebook support over the summer? Please call 413-495-1891, ext 1010.
All student handbooks for the High School, Middle School and for grades Pre-K through 5th can be found below.