1. Work toward nurturing a climate of inclusion, understanding, respect, and appropriate support and education for all children with learning differences and special needs
2. Advise the school district on matters relating to the education and safety of students with learning differences and disabilities
3. Meet regularly with school officials to participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the school district’s special education programs
4. Conduct workshops, in cooperation with the school district, regarding the rights of special education students and parents/guardians under the state and federal laws
5. Promote the education of parents/guardians, students, and the community at large on the issues of special education, rights, tolerance, and services
6. To create a constituency and presence in the school district, being a forum promoting family to family networking and support, including maintaining a list of community resources.